Summary: The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating, and assisting transportation activities to ensure timely and quality delivery of materials for both Laminate Technologies and our customers.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance after first 90 days
- COBRA – Insurance Continuation
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Vacation time
- 401(k) Retirement Savings
- Profit/Gain Sharing
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management Desired
- 3 - 5 years relevant experience
- Develop and implement strategy that works to lower transportation costs and ensure on time delivery for both inbound and outbound loads.
- Service as point of contact regarding transportation matters for all employees at all plants within the company.
- Direct activities related to dispatching, routing, or tracking transportation of all tractor trailers and common carrier loads.
- Plan and implement schedules or policy changes for transportation services.
- Monitor and control spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets for detention, demurrage, fees, etc.
- Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
- Investigate and resolve customer or shipper complaints.
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, or budgets for increasing profits or improving services.
- Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives.
- Assist in the implementation of energy saving changes to transportation services, such as reducing routes, optimizing capacities, employing alternate modes of transportation, or minimizing idling.
- Assist in investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents, coordinate cleanup activities, or improve safety procedures.
- Comply with policies and standards, including determining safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods.
- Develop or implement plans to improve transportation services.
- Negotiate, authorize, or monitor fulfillment of contracts with equipment or materials suppliers.
- Follow procurement processes including equipment research and testing, vendor contracts, or requisitions approval.
- Maintain accurate data and records for all transportation activities.
- Ensure back-up transportation personnel are properly identified and trained to minimize disruption in transportation activities.
- Ensure vehicle operators meet all DOT and/or insurability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned