Seeking an Purchasing Agent Summary: The Purchasing Agent is responsible for planning, coordinating, and purchasing of materials, products, supplies, and raw or semi-finished materials for manufacturing, as well as meeting quality standards for both Laminate Technologies and our customers. Laminate Technologies, Inc. company advantage:
- You’re part of the family
- We believe in People Development
- We are customer focused
- We continue to grow
- Medical, dental and vision insurance after 90 days
- Paid vacations & holidays
- Represent company for negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Research and evaluate suppliers, based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, sustainability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment or supplies, and interview them to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts based on current inventory levels.
- Know and understand applicable laws, legal codes, and government regulations related to purchasing.
- Monitor, audit, reconcile, and ensure accuracy of inventory levels with appropriate departments.
- Responsible for reviewing, production and shipping schedules, lead-times and order qualities with import suppliers.
- Prepare and process requisitions, purchase orders and solicit bid proposals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, and ability to utilize procurement software.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by your supervisor.