Summary: The Production Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of planning, directing, coordinating work activities and resources for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity specifications. This position also has direct supervision of production workers to include inspectors, machine setters, and operators of assembly/fabrication ensuring manufacturing activities meet all quality standards for both Laminate Technologies and our customers. Laminate Technologies, Inc. company advantage:
- You’re part of the family
- We believe in People Development
- We are customer focused
- We continue to grow
- Medical, dental and vision insurance after 90 days
- Paid vacations & holidays
- Enforce all safety and environment policies and regulations.
- Enforce all company policies, procedures, rules, and processes to ensure compliance with customer requirements equally and fairly.
- Coach and mentor employees for continued growth and improved performance.
- Communicate with employees continuously to ensure they understand expectations and standards of performance and conduct for the position, department, plant, and company.
- Continuously follow-up on employee performance and progress on expectations and standards of performance/conduct.
- Promptly address issues that detract from performance standards; To include: Quality, Customer Service (internally and externally), Profitability, Safety, 5S, and Team Culture, in driving a SQCDM mindset.
- Review processing schedules or production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Direct and own Training program in driving flexibility in the workforce for all production areas.
- Direct or coordinate all activities related to production, processing, and/or distribution of materials to meet Customer requirements with an emphasis on continually improving Safety, Efficiencies and Quality to drive key KPI’s.
- Develop or implement production tracking and quality control systems for analyzing production needs, quality levels, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Assist with and ensure effective practices for hiring, training, and evaluating employees with assistance from administrative staff regarding employee performance and relations.
- Direct and coordinate activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Direct and coordinate performance management systems.
- Apply lean manufacturing principals, practices, and tools striving for continuous improvement.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by your supervisor