Inventory Control Specialist
Job Summary The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for ensuring accuracy of inventory and Syspro system of materials for the all six of Laminate Technologies, Inc. locations. This job ensures that all levels, accuracy and storage of the inventory. Assist in supplying customers with timely and accurate deliveries, efficient plant scheduling techniques, and supply chain management. Directs the activities of Production, Material Planning, Customer Service, Warehouse and Shipping/Receiving departments. Laminate Technologies, Inc. Company Advantage:
- You’re part of the family
- We believe in People Development
- We are customer focused
- We continue to grow
- Medical, dental and vision insurance after 90 days
- Paid vacations & holidays
- Responsible for the oversight, implementation, and organization of the activities associated with inventory management and supply chain.
- Responsible for duties of personnel, along with training, and oversight for all plant Inventory Control Clerks.
- Ensures inventory controls are in place as well as shipping, receiving, and production reporting and documentation.
- Analyze transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution for supply chain optimization.
- Analyze obsolete and slow-moving stock reports and administer the adjustments required.
- Control inventory by utilizing (LOC) Letters-of -commitment; Initiate, secure signatures, store for future reference, review current LOC's periodically and advise Sales Dept. of Items no longer moving.
- Oversee inventory min/max levels to ensure optimum and cost-effective inventory availability, and advise stakeholders of changes needed to maintain inventory levels.
- Control SLOB (Slow moving and obsolete) items through strategy for SKU management, including fill rate, sales team production scheduling, and outlets among other tactics.
- Responsible for the management of floor stock programs and consignment programs.
- Own the Inventory management process to the point of plant operations and obsolete materials. This includes coordination of regular or as-needed cycle-counting and annual physical year-end inventory.
- Perform analysis on inventory to confirm both accuracy of quantities and valuation to ensure the integrity of the inventory as well as a holistic approach for the entire supply chain.
- Develop, monitor and publish weekly inventory performance reports.
- Assist in coordinating interplant shipments between all facilities – materials & timing.
- Identify root causes for inventory accuracies and implement counter-measures to ensure accuracy of materials on hand.
- Serve as a resource to manufacturing, sales, purchasing, and customers with consigned inventory.
- Work closely with Purchasing, Vice President of Manufacturing and Accounting to ensure that the inventory levels satisfy customer service requirements, while maximizing inventory performance, and maintaining inventory accuracy.